Students on WCH patio

Incoming Students

Incoming students, please click and read through the following steps to get started at UC Riverside. If you have additional questions, connect with your advisor here

  • Statement of Legal Residence
  • Direct Deposit

    Enroll for direct deposit via R’Web for fellowship stipends, financial aid or any other student refunds. Visit the Student Business Services page for more information on Refunds, Loan Processing, Payments, 1098-T Taxpayer Relief Act, Forms, and Student Accounts.

  • UCR R'Mail

    Please ensure that you have set up your UCR R’Mail account if you have not done so already. All communications from campus will always contact you using your R’Mail account.

  • Parking

    Visit Campus Transportation & Parking Services for: 

    • Parking permits 
    • RTA (Rapid Transit Agency) local Riverside bus line.  Bus passes are free for UCR students 
    • Metrolink (Southern California Commuter Train) - easy access to Los Angeles, San Diego and beaches. Train tickets are free for UCR students. 
    • Carpool 
    • Other  alternative transportation programs

    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact TAPS.

  • Housing

    Below are some resources for on and off campus housing.  Please be proactive in your housing search. 

    1. UCR Housing Services  
    1. Riverside Neighborhoods information from the City of Riverside 
    1. Riverside Apartment Finder   
    1. Zillow 
    2. Roomies
  • Medical Insurance

    Graduate Students are automatically enrolled in a UCR policy. Students that prefer to keep their own medical insurance will need to cancel UCR’s policy by applying for a waiver as soon as possible. For questions, contact  Student Health Services.


  • Campus ID Cards

    To obtain your UCR Student ID card, visit  Card Services.

  • International Students

    The International Student Resource Center assists incoming international students in answering questions and services.

  • Deferring Attendance

    We are unable to defer to the Spring Quarter. However, deferment to the Winter Quarter is considered on a case-by-case basis. To request a deferment, contact the Faculty Advisor of Admissions in your department.

  • Local Address

    Once you have a local address, please be sure to update this information on R’Web. This is very important. If your local address is not updated, all mailed information will be sent to your home address on record. 

Let us help you with your search